Public Affairs Community Organizer- Schenectady
- - DEVELOPMENT
- NY, USA
- Full Time
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson is a leading health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving nearly 20,000 adults and teens throughout Central and Eastern NY annually. Our dedicated staff provide every person in our community access to comprehensive health care services, education programs, and fearless advocacy they need to be healthy, plan their futures, and achieve their dreams.
PPMH is seeking a committed and enthusiastic Community Organizer to drive critical advocacy work throughout our region. As part of our team, you'll elevate the power of our local communities to ensure that reproductive and human rights are protected and advanced at the local, state, and national levels. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is flexible, highly organized, people-focused, has a true passion for civic engagement, and is deeply driven to make our communities just and equitable for all people.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops, guides, and coordinates grassroots mobilization efforts, including the voter education, engagement, and mobilization efforts in support of both state and federal legislative issues.
• Recruit, train, support, and mobilize activists in support of issues related to PPMH's mission and priorities.
• Serve as PPMH point person when collaborating with community partners, leaders, and other stakeholder groups.
• Support Generation Action campus groups, providing overall support and guidance in advocacy work.
• Manage and coordinate advocacy outreach and tabling.
• Consistent data entry for tracking and reporting purposes.
• BA/BS in related field preferred, or comparable professional experience.
• 2+ years' experience in organizing/advocacy work or related volunteer experience. Good depth of knowledge of the craft of organizing and the legislative and political system.
• Computer proficient with Microsoft Office required; proficiency with the internet and other databases as needed. Experience with digital organizing preferred.
• Up to 50% of the time locally and in between Utica-Schenectady-Glens Falls, as needed.
• Must have a valid driver's license, current auto insurance, and own reliable transportation.
• Must be willing to travel on short notice as needed.
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends.
One of our workplace values is "We Tend to the Team" - in that spirit, we offer competitive compensation, full medical/dental benefits, generous FLT accrual, automatic employer 401(k) contribution, employee wellness program, and opportunities for professional development and training with national advocacy experts and leaders.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts