IT Operations Specialist
- - Administration
- NY, USA
- Full Time
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson is a leading health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving nearly 20,000 adults and teens throughout Central and Eastern NY annually. Our dedicated staff provide every person in our community access to comprehensive health care services, education programs, and fearless advocacy they need to be healthy, plan their futures, and achieve their dreams.
The IT Operations Specialist will provide front-line support and desktop assistance to staff. In this role, the IT Operations Specialist will work closely with TAG Solutions and other 3rd party vendors. The IT Operations Specialist will be responsible for responding to a variety of support inquiries and requests such as: ordering new IT equipment, coordinating with TAG to configure and troubleshoot new and existing pc/laptops/printers, perform and manage system upgrades, password resets, OS support, iOS and Android support, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
o Provide technical support and resolution of support desk queries, including but not limited to laptops, telephones, video-conferencing facilities, printers/scanners, internet, WiFi, etc.
o Properly escalate unresolved queries to next level of support
o Utilize and maintain support desk ticketing software
o Manages and trains users on remote network access including VPN/RDP/RSA software
o Participate in afterhours support, meetings and events as required
o Define and maintain information security standards and procedures consistent with PPFA and HIPAA requirements. Particular emphasis shall be placed on current and future Health Center needs and requirements, such as Electronic Health Records.
o Conduct IT risk analysis and disaster recovery and contingency planning.
o Evaluate IT infrastructure at all locations. Document, label and upgrade as required.
o Maintain, and make changes to, phone & voicemail system.
o Maintain documentation for software licensing, critical network settings, server settings and passwords. Oversee Active Directory upkeep and administration by support staff.
o Other duties as assigned
• Ability to read, analyze and learn software programs utilized in this agency.
• Ability to effectively present information that includes technical procedures and to respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the public
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and data records, in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Travel throughout the central region is required.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems, or equivalent technical training.
• A minimum of 3 years' experience in an IT support role.
• Working knowledge and troubleshooting experience with WiFi.
• In-depth knowledge and troubleshooting experience with Windows, macOS, Active Directory, and TCP/IP networking.
• Proactive problem solving, and the ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment.
• Must possess an ability to be collaborative with, and communicate clearly and effectively, with all types and levels of employees.
• Expert knowledge of Windows 7/8/10, MS Office 2010/2013/2016 & Mac OS is required. Mobile device expertise is required. Adobe Creative Suite knowledge a plus.
• Must be open to a flexible work schedule and available for after-hours support as needed.
• Previous experience with remote users and mobile phone users required
• Valid Driver's License required (to accommodate ad hoc travel needs throughout the central region)
• Microsoft Access or SQL Database experience (preferred)
One of our workplace values is "We Tend to the Team" - in that spirit, we offer competitive compensation, full medical/dental benefits, generous FLT accrual, automatic employer 401(k) contribution, employee wellness program, and opportunities for professional development and training with national advocacy experts and leaders.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.We are currently seeking a full-time Director of Business Development and Strategic Planning who would like to join our team of dedicated professionals. This position is 40hrs/wk. The Director of Business Development and Strategic Planning oversees and operationalizes achievement of PPMH mission through capture of select opportunities in healthcare. This position will develop plans and budgets with the leadership team and lead/supports negotiations with clients, partners, and consultants.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts