Victim Advocacy Services Volunteer Coordinator- Schenectady
- - Crime Victim Services
- NY, USA
- Full Time
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson's mission is to provide quality health care, to educate individuals to make informed sexual and reproductive decisions, and to advocate for reproductive rights. Planned Parenthood has 10 licensed health centers serving both men and women in the Capital Region and Mohawk Valley.
We are currently seeking a full-time VAS Volunteer Coordinator who would like to join our team of dedicated professionals. This position is 40hrs/wk in the Schenectady Center. The VAS Volunteer Services Coordinate will be responsible for the recruitment, training and supervision of volunteer staff. Will Work directly with volunteers and program staff in all ascepts of planning and organizing to support the needs of victims and the program.
• Education with minimum of Bachelor's degree in the field of specialization such as social work, psychology, counseling or women's studies. Professional experience sufficient in scope, depth, and performance may serve in place of academic requirements.
• The ability to communicate with, supervise, and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles- experience with volunteers preferred.
• Ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities.
• Knowledge of: crisis intervention techniques and case management responsibilities; human behavior and needs at times of crime and crisis; behavioral health, social services, and other community resources; the criminal justice system, NYS Criminal Code, and Rights of victims, police department operations, policies, and procedures.
• Keep confidential all client information.
• Understand and accept Agency's Personnel Policies.
• Follows all safety and security guidelines.
• Valid Driver's License with use of personal vehicle is required
• Ability to travel is required.
What we can offer you:
Competitive salary, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Eight paid holidays
Small team work environment
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts