Victim Services Specialist- Schenectady
- - Crime Victim Services
- NY, USA
- Full Time
Join the Planned Parenthood Family!
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson's mission is to provide quality health care, to educate individuals to make informed sexual and reproductive decisions, and to advocate for reproductive rights. Planned Parenthood has 10 licensed health centers serving both men and women in the Capital Region and Mohawk Valley.
We are currently seeking a full-time Victim Services Specialist who would like to join our team of dedicated professionals. This position is 40hrs/wk. The Victim Services Specialist is responsible for assisting victims in dealing with the immediate and long-term impact of victimization. The victim services advocate will be subject to call-out to assist in providing immediate crisis intervention to victims and witnesses of crime. Other responsibilities include: assisting victims with victim Compensation applications, completion of applications for Orders of Protection and Injunctions against Harassment, navigation of the criminal justice system, referrals to community service agencies, and assistance in exercising statutory rights. This position involves case management, referrals to community service agencies, and acting as a liaison between victims of crime, police officers, and social service agencies.
Covering Area: Schenectady and Cobleskill Centers
• Education with minimum of Bachelor's degree in the field of specialization such as social work, psychology, counseling or women's studies. Professional experience sufficient in scope, depth, and performance may serve in place of academic requirements.
• The ability to communicate with, supervise, and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles- experience with volunteers preferred.
• Ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities
• Knowledge of: crisis intervention techniques and case management responsibilities; human behavior and needs at times of crime and crisis; behavioral health, social services, and other community resources; the criminal justice system, NYS Criminal Code, and Rights of victims, police department operations, policies, and procedures.
• Keep confidential all client information.
• Understand and accept Agency's Personnel Policies.
• Follows all safety and security guidelines.
• Valid Driver's License with use of personal vehicle is required
• Ability to travel is required.
What we can offer you:
Competitive salary, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Eight paid holidays
Small team work environment
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.