Community Health Navigator - Saratoga
- - Saratoga & Clifton Park
- NY, USA
- Full Time
Join Our Planned Parenthood Family
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson's mission is to provide quality health care, to educate individuals to make informed sexual and reproductive decisions, and to advocate for reproductive rights. Planned Parenthood has 10 licensed health centers serving both men and women in the Capital Region and Mohawk Valley.
Our Saratoga Health Center is currently seeking a Community Health Navigator who would like to join our team of dedicated professionals. This position is 40hrs/wk. The Health Navigator is responsible for assuring that all patients are connected healthcare coverage and services, community resources, and any other relevant service as identified as part of the assessment and care planning process. The Community Navigator listens to and assesses patients' needs and as part of a collaborative process with the patient, plans interventions to help patients cope with social, emotional, economic, and environmental problems. Navigators may visit members in their home, in the community and in clinical settings. Community Navigators will assist clients/families with obtaining community assistance by referral and coordination with appropriate resources. The Navigator will develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with community based organizations, social service agencies and other service providers to coordinate services across multiple agencies/service providers. Community Health Navigators also provide education and assistance to uninsured and underinsured individuals, including obtaining access to health insurance through the New York State of Health Marketplace.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Education with minimum of Bachelor's degree in the field of specialization such as social work, psychology, counseling, or women's studies. Professional experience sufficient in scope, depth, and performance may serve in place of academic requirements.
• Associate Degree with an additional 2 years of experience in the human services field or nursing may be considered
• High School Diploma or GED with an additional 4 years of experience in human services may be considered
• Ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities
• Knowledge of case management responsibilities; human behavior and needs at times of crime
and crisis; behavioral health, social services, and other community resources
• Keep confidential all client information.
• Understand and accept Agency's Personnel Policies.
• Follows all safety and security guidelines.
• Valid NYS Driver's License with use of personal vehicle is required
• Ability to travel is required.
• CAC/IPA Navigator Certification a plus
What we can offer you:
Competitive salary, Medical, Dental, Vision, and 8 paid holidays
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts