Regional Support Staff
- - Saratoga & Clifton Park
- NY, USA
- Full Time
Join our Planned Parenthood Family!
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson's mission is to provide quality health care, to educate individuals to make informed sexual and reproductive decisions, and to advocate for reproductive rights. Planned Parenthood has 10 licensed health centers serving both men and women in the Capital Region and Mohawk Valley.
We are currently seeking a full-time Regional Support Staff who would like to join our team of dedicated professionals. This position is 40hrs/wk. As part of a multi-disciplinary team providing medical care, the Patient Care Advocate/Support Associate is responsible for interviewing patients, assisting patients to complete their medical history and other required forms, to provide education about family planning methods, STIs and other topics related to the reproductive health care of men and women. The PCA also assists with screening services related to health examinations, provides office and phone counseling related to pregnancy and human sexuality. Other duties include verifying insurance, customer service and answering phones.
Covering Centers: Saratoga and Johnstown
• General office & strong computer skills required. Familiarity with Athena Electronic Medical Records (preferred)
• Excellent interpersonal skills a must.
• Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, counseling, human services or a related field or
• A two-year degree in human services may be acceptable if the candidate also has either a minimum of two years of counseling experience in a human services agency
• Has a positive can-do attitude and genuine love to help others
What we can offer you:
Competitive salary, Medical, Dental, Vision, eight paid holidays, and small team work environment
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.