Prevention Education Manager
- - Crime Victim Services
- NY, USA
- Full Time
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson's mission is to provide quality health care, to educate individuals to make informed sexual and reproductive decisions, and to advocate for reproductive rights. Planned Parenthood has 10 licensed health centers serving both men and women in the Capital Region and Mohawk Valley.
This Prevention Education Manager will develops, implements, and coordinates sexual violence primary prevention programs across 3 designated counties. This position is a full time 40 hours a week in the Schenectady Center.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in developing and implementing an outreach plan to raise awareness about crime victims and available services in the community.
• Coordinate multicounty events related to crime victim awareness including crime victims' week and sexual assault awareness month.
• Develop effective presentations for large audiences of children, adolescents, and adults in schools, media, churches, or other organizations aimed at increasing their awareness and use of primary prevention strategies within their service population.
• Assist with the recruitment, training and supervision of volunteer staff.
• Participate in volunteer evaluation.
• Keep service data, create reports about funded projects, and meet other project objectives according to grant specifications.
• Provide office coverage as assigned.
• Assist in preparing monthly & quarterly statistical reports.
• Assist program in developing and maintaining community-agency relations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Education with minimum of bachelor's degree in the field of specialization such as social work, psychology, counseling, or women's studies. Profession experience sufficient in scope, depth, and performance may serve in place of academic requirements.
• Knowledge of: crisis intervention techniques and case management responsibilities; human behavior and needs at times of crime and crisis' behavioral health, social services, and other community resources; the criminal justice system, NYS Criminal Code, and Rights of Victims, police department operations, policies, and procedures.
• Ability to travel is required.
• NYS Driver's License and use of personal vehicle required.
• Ability to travel as required
• Keeps confidential all patient, staff, client, and agency information
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.