Insurance Specialist - Schenectady
- - Finance
- NY, USA
- Full Time
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson's mission is to provide quality health care, to educate individuals to make informed sexual and reproductive decisions, and to advocate for reproductive rights. Planned Parenthood has 10 licensed health centers serving both men and women in the Capital Region and Mohawk Valley.
We are currently seeking a full-time Insurance Specialist who would like to join our team of dedicated professionals. This position is 40hrs/wk. The position will review or initiate insurance billing for PPMH clinics, provide technical assistance to center staff, & facilitate timely follow-up on open & denied claims. Responsible for maintaining the highest level of billing standards following current guidelines from Medicare, Medicaid, and other insurance entities.
• Knowledge of appropriate payer billing requirements (especially NYS Medicaid and Medicare Part B).
• Knowledge of Primary Care/Internal Medicine, GYN specialties.
• Full revenue cycle process experience required, including insurance verification, coding and claim submission, claim denial requisition, insurance payment posting and the appeals process.
• Experience in using electronic health record software, eligibility and electronic billing. Athena EHR proficiency (preferred)
• Strong computer skills including average knowledge of Excel.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Ability to read, understand and use CPT, and ICD 10 codes and adhere to Medicaid and Medicare guidelines and compliance.
• 2+ years Insurance experience (preferred)
• Certified Medical Coder (preferred)
What we can offer you:
Competitive salary, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Eight paid holidays
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.