Patient Care Advocate- Queensbury
- - Glens Falls
- Queensbury, NY, USA
- Full Time
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson's mission is to provide quality health care, to educate individuals to make informed sexual and reproductive decisions, and to advocate for reproductive rights. Planned Parenthood has 10 licensed health centers serving both men and women in the Capital Region and Mohawk Valley.
Our Queensbury Health Center is currently seeking a full-time Patient Care Advocate who would like to join our team of dedicated professionals. This position is 40hrs/week
• Reviews the patient health history for completeness and accurately documents in the EMR
• Collect vital signs
• Provides health information related to family planning, reproductive, health, and STIs for male and female clients.
• Performs phlebotomy and specimen collection for laboratory tests.
• Assists medical provider with examination of patients receiving health care services as needed.
• Collaborates with members of a multi-disciplinary health care team.
• Arranges for interpreters for patients with communication barriers.
• Other duties include verifying insurance, customer service, answering phones, makes appointments and referrals.
• Experience with Electronic Medical Records Familiarity with Athena Electronic Medical Records (preferred)
• Follow all safety and security procedures and guidelines
• Respects and upholds HIPAA standards. Maintains patient and agency confidentiality
• CPR (required within first year)
• Phlebotomy trained preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills a must
• A two-year degree in human services with a minimum of two years of medical/hospital office experience or other education/experience combination
• Has a positive can-do attitude and genuine love to help others
What we can offer you:
Competitive salary, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Eight paid holidays
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts