Community Health Navigator - LGBT Grant
- - Patient Services
- Schenectady, NY, USA
- Full Time
Join Our Planned Parenthood Family
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson's mission is to provide quality health care, to educate individuals to make informed sexual and reproductive decisions, and to advocate for reproductive rights. Planned Parenthood has 10 licensed health centers serving both men and women in the Capital Region and Mohawk Valley.
Working in either our Schenectady or Saratoga Health Center, we are currently seeking a Community Health Navigator for our LGBT Grant who would like to join our team of dedicated professionals. This position is a fulltime, 40hrs/wk position.
This Community Health Navigator position provides navigation services to LGBT individuals across 7 PPMH offices serving 7 counties (Fulton, Montgomery, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren, Washington) in collaboration with the LGBT Case Manager. A primary goal of this role is to improve health outcomes and quality of life for LGBT individuals and their families.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to such items as:
- Assist clients in accessing the highest level of insurance coverage for which they qualify.
- Facilitate access to behavior health services both by referral and internally using telehealth services.
- Identify other providers and services that would be beneficial to the client and their family/friends and facilitate referrals as needed with a particular focus on legal and homeless services along with services addressing discrimination and harassment of LGBT persons.
- Work with the Case Manager to develop a network of human services and health care referrals that are friendly to LGBT persons and their families/friends for utilization across PPMH sites.
- Meet all training requirements within assigned deadlines.
- Complete all documentation and reports as required and within expected timelines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services or related field, or High School degree with minimum of two years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships with others.
- Keeps confidential all client, staff and appropriate agency information.
- Understands and accepts PPMH's Personnel Policies.
- Valid NYS driver's license with use of personal automobile and ability to travel as required.
- Familiarity with completing insurance applications preferred.
- Knowledge of health literacy issues preferred.
- Understand and accept Agency's Personnel Policies.
- Follows all safety and security guidelines.
- Ability to travel is required.
- CAC/IPA Navigator Certification a plus
What we can offer you:
Competitive salary, Medical, Dental, Vision, and 8 paid holidays
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts