Security & Emergency Preparedness Manager
- - Utica
- Utica , NY, USA
- Full Time
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
Planned Parnethood Mohawk Hudson has an immediate opening for a Security & Emergency Preparedness Manager. The ideal candidate will aid in the implementation of a comprehensive agency-wide security program which seeks to ensure: the safety and security of agency employees, clients, and assets; assists in coordinated agency-wide risk management effort aligned with the goals and efforts of the various agency programs, including health care reporting laws and regulations, and provides reporting, investigation and follow-up tools.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of security/emergency management, including security preventative practices and the phases of emergency management.
- Develop and implement agency-wide emergency preparedness program
- Assess emergency preparedness for each health center location
- Must be familiar with execution of security systems (i.e. camera, access and control).
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Capability to independently solve a variety of difficult situations and problems.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to carry out projects.
- Must possess the initiative, good judgment and knowledge to assist in an efficient and relevant personal safety and preparedness program.
- Excellent public speaking skills, proven ability to prepare and present training topics, and instill confidence in the information and training provided.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends and 24-hour response for security emergencies, if necessary.
- Must be willing to travel to all 10 Agency sites throughout the Capital District, Mohawk Valley, and Adirondack regions.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to handle tasks independently.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines and work independently under minimum supervision.
- Must be flexible and have excellent teamwork skills to work well with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Work with the executive team to support the development and maintenance of the Agency Safety program.
- Negotiate and manage contract security services, including physical site security; manage physical security systems, including burglar alarms, CCTV, access control, and key/lock programs.
- Liaise with law enforcement to coordinate the investigation of crimes and civil wrongs committed against the company and employees.
- Completes reports for various programs and governing agencies.
- Administers annual security audits.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Must have a current NYS License and clean driving record.
- Ability to respond in flexible and appropriate ways to problems.
- Sound judgment and high ethical standards.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Well-developed problem solving abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform under stress.
- Ability to establish relationships and work with law enforcement agencies.
- Availability to work varying hours, and willingness to travel among all 10 PPMH health center locations.
- Ability to pass extensive background investigation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years professional experience in any of the following areas: risk management, compliance, security, legal investigations, law enforcement, loss prevention, or related field.
- One (1) to two (2) years management or supervisory experience.
- Technical knowledge of relevant systems and equipment.
Office Location: Utica NY
What we can offer you:
Competitive salary, Paid time off, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Eight paid holidays
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.