Patient Care Advocate- Regional Float
- - Cobleskill
- Cobleskill, NY, USA
- Full Time
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson's mission is to provide quality health care, to educate individuals to make informed sexual and reproductive decisions, and to advocate for reproductive rights. Planned Parenthood has 10 licensed health centers serving both men and women in the Capital Region and Mohawk Valley.
We are currently seeking a full-time Patient Care Advocate who would like to join our team of dedicated professionals. As part of a multi-disciplinary team providing medical care, the Patient Care Advocate is responsible for interviewing patients, assisting patients to complete their medical history and other required forms, to provide education about family planning methods, STIs and other topics related to the reproductive health care of men and women. The PCA also assists with screening services related to health examinations, provides office and phone counseling related to pregnancy and human sexuality. Offers referrals as needed. EOE/AA
Region: Schenectady, Cobleskill, Amsterdam, Johnstown
Who you are:
- Someone with compassion and a whole-hearted commitment to helping others and providing outstanding healthcare.
- Ability to deal calmly and competently with several demands at once.
- Demonstrates a customer friendly orientation to health care delivery.
- Familiarity with Athena Electronic Medical Records (preferred).
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, counseling, human services or a related field or
- A two-year degree in human services may be acceptable if the candidate also has either a minimum of two years of counseling experience in a human services agency.
- Speak with staff and patients in a pleasant voice manner.
- Communicate in non-judgmental manner.
- Must communicate a positive image of PPMH.
- Recognize patient needs as having priority.
- Keep all employee, agency, client information confidential.
- Valid driver's license and travel to affiliate sites as required.
- Has a positive can-do attitude and genuine love to help others.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Eight paid holidays
- Small teamwork environment