Community Outreach and Education Specialist- Utica Center
- - Education Services
- Utica, NY, USA
- Full Time
Markets and delivers information on all PPMH's services through outreach and education to priority populations within PPMH's services area, as defined by Title X workplan and as identified by community needs assessments and data.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Builds trust and rapport with potential clients and vulnerable populations through multiple encounters and enhanced Outreach activities.
• Serves as a liaison between the health center and priority populations, community based organizations, faith based organizations, school/colleges, and local businesses. Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with community stakeholders and keeps those stakeholders informed about services available.
• Conducts outreach, enhanced outreach, and community engagement with organizations and priority populations in the community regarding PPMH services
• Maintains records and produces monthly reports on outreach, enhanced outreach and education activities, accomplishments and challenges including program statistics, evaluation, and demographic data.
• Participates in ongoing feedback with colleagues, customers, and systems and be willing to adopt the use of feedback as a tool for decision making and performance evaluation.
• Maintains an up to date detailed schedule/calendar of outreach, enhanced outreach, education, community meetings, and any other activities. Scheduled to be shared with supervisor and the health center (s)
QUALIFICATIONS B.S./B.A in Education, Social Work, Public Health, Communications, or related field preferred; or two year degree with two years of relevant experience; or High School Diploma or GED with four years of relevant experience.
Frequent travel required
Valid NYS driver's license & use of personal vehicle
Understand & accept Agency's Personnel Policies